Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I'm Going Home!

No, silly, I'm not going back to Cleveland. That would just be weird. But the good news is that I finally found my forever family!

Maybe I should have said something earlier, but I didn't want to jinx it. See, BADRAP has a pretty thorough adoption process so my new family had to jump through many, many hoops. First, they had to fill out the application, do an interview, and then meet me to see if I was really the one for them. Then, both my new parents had to take me through class, each of them learning to handle me. I must admit, class is probably my weakest element because I get so excited seeing the other dogs, but they miraculously still wanted me! After that, they had to go through a homecheck which ensures that their home is set up and suitable for a dog like me.

In the meantime, they were also coming to visit me almost every single day. They would spend time with Ana and me and learned all about my little quirks and how to communicate with me best. Their visits were the highlight of my day, and I can hardly believe that I get to go home with them really, really soon.

But before I left, we went on one last vacation to Stinson Beach. The trip was with a whole bunch of other dogs, most of whom I'd met but never played with before, and we got the chance to hang out together on a beach romp.

We pretty much had the whole place to ourselves.


I really got to cut loose. Even Elliot, who is a *really* fast dog, could barely keep up with me.


I even went wading in the ocean


It was a pretty awesome last vacation with Ana, but I know I'm going to an even better place for life. Did you know that my new parents are martial arts instructors and I'm going to be surrounded by kids? Yeah, it's pretty much the dream life for an active, social dog like me. The best part is that they're just as excited to have me join their lives as I am to have a forever home. Just look at the sweet note they put up to introduce me to their students.




Yep, I have a feeling that I'm about to be one spoiled doggie! Promise to keep you guys updated with my new life, once I get settled.

4 comments:

  1. I am so very happy for Ayse! May you always know Our Creator's immense love for you through your new home. Many tail wags and kisses for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck little Ayse! Been following you from the start as you look just like my little LeLu! It's been fun following your journey with your wonderful fosters and I'm very excited for you and your forever home

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found this. So happy for you. Beautiful dog. Have a wonderful life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ayse, we are so very happy for you. A wonderful forever home is just so pawsome to read. Thanks for the share. Have a fantastic time at your new home.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete